|1904 Olympics, St. Louis – Charlotte Cooper, Tennis, Gold Medalist|
- Miroslav Mecir, a surprise winner of the gold medal in #Seoul in 1988, had a gift for winding up top players with his unerringly consistent style and deadpan sense of humour.
- The #Tennis event at the 1896 Games in #Athens was marred by a lack of entries.
- A different form of tennis, jeu de paume, made its only appearance in the #Olympics in 1908.
- As Olympic tennis prepares to head to #Brazil, it is worth noting that Vanessa Menga holds the proud record of being the only Brazilian female tennis player to represent her country in two different Games.
- Goran Ivanisevic provided a timely antidote to all those who questioned tennis’ status as an Olympic sport in 1992.
Read more at: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/five-facts-that-prove-tennis-is-the-most-interesting-sport-at-the-olympics-726574.html
Leave a Reply